- Can I open/send an attachment that was sent in Word? Are there any types of attachment I cannot download (i.e., JPEG, GIF, MPEG, etc.) Why can't I open this attachment?
Microsoft Word attachments can be opened on the older (white) Internet Terminals using MS Word Viewer 97. On the newer (black) PCs, you can open your attachment in Word. Documents can also be sent via email as attachments. JPEGS and GIF can be downloaded to a disk. MPEGs can be opened, however if they have sound, they can only be heard from Internet Terminals with headphones.
- Can I download an attachment to diskette or flash drive?
Yes, attachments can be downloaded to a diskette or flash drive.
- Can I view what I just downloaded from the web on my diskette or flash drive to make sure it's there?
Yes, you can verify that files are properly saved to a diskette or flash drive.
- Can I print from a diskette or flash drive at one of the Internet terminals?
Yes, printing is allowed for file types supported by Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Can I create a resumé in Word & email it to someone?
Yes, you can. Our computers have Internet access as well as Microsoft Word (on the Windows XP operating system). Resumés can be created and then saved to a device and uploaded to your email program.
- Can I upload a document from a diskette or flash drive on one of the Internet terminals?
Yes, you may upload from a diskette or flash drive to the Internet.
- Can I run a CD-ROM on your PCs? How about CD-ROMs that are in the backs of your books (i.e., Test prep programs)
No, you cannot run CD-ROMS on the internet computers.
- Can I download games onto the computer?
Patrons are not allowed to install software onto Library computers.