Some books are longer than others. Some weeks there is just not enough time. At Greenwich Library we appreciate this, which is why we offer our patrons the ability to arrange for the extension of their loans by renewing them. Most library materials are renewable at any library location, online or over the phone.
- Do I need to have my library card number to
Yes, whether you renew via telephone, or over the Internet, you will need to provide your library card number. If you come into the Library to renew, please remember to bring your library card with you.
- Where can I renew my materials?
Library materials can be renewed from this Web site (www.greenwichlibrary.org), via
telephone(203-625-6524), or in the library at either the Returns Desk or the Check Out Desk.
- Can everything be renewed?
Almost everything can be renewed. Following are the exceptions:
- Items which are on hold for another Patron
- Items which have already been renewed twice
For more information on our loan policies, click here.
- Can I renew Interlibrary Loan materials?
Because we want to return Interlibrary Loan books to the supplying library in a timely manner, ILLs can be renewed one time only for a period of one (1) week.
- How do I know that my items are renewed?
Items renewed over the Internet will show their new due date when you view your record online, patrons should always check the new due date when renewing online, if an item was not able to be renewed, the date will not change. If you renew your items in the Library, just ask the person who renewed them for you to give you a printout of the items you have checked out.
- How many times may I renew materials?
Most items may be renewed up to two times, assuming that the item isn't on hold for another patron. Please bear in mind that the renewal period starts on the day that the item is renewed.
This means that if you wait until the day that an item is due to renew it, you will get the most time with the item. If you do this for a second renewal, you could have the item for the maximum possible checkout period.
- Can you let me know before my items are overdue?
Yes. Greenwich Library will email all patrons who have provided us with their email address a reminder notice when they have items coming due in two days. These emails will include a link (http://pac.greenwichlibrary.org/patroninfo)
to the "Manage Your Account" section of our Web site so that you can easily
renew your items, and identify those items which are not renewable, before
they become overdue.
If you would like to enter your email address, or if you ever need to change or delete your email address, you may do so from the link provided above. After logging on to your account, press the "Modify Patron Info" button, and type your email address in the box that appears.
- What if I have had problems receiving Greenwich Library emails?
If you have provided us with your email address but have not been receiving Greenwich Library email notices, they may have been going to your spam folder. Please find your email client in this brochure and follow the easy steps to be sure our emails arrive.
How Do I Renew...? Answers
- By telephone?
To renew your items via telephone, just call (203) 625-6524 with your Library Card during Library hours.
To renew your items online, click the "My Library Account" link. Then:
- In the first box, type your name.
- In the second box, type your library card number (the long number on your library card -- leave out the hyphens)
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Click on the link that mentions the number of items that you have checked out.
- Click on the check boxes next to the titles you wish to renew (or simply click the "Renew All" button to attempt to renew all of your items at once).
- Click on the "Renew selected items" button.
- Now, return to look at the list of
items that you have on your record, and look to see the word "Renewed" next to the
items that you have renewed, along with their new due dates. If you do not see this message next to an item, then the
item has not been renewed.
To be taken directly to the My Library Account utility, please click here.
- In person at the Library?
Bring your Library Card to the Returns Desk and ask to have the items on your card renewed.