General Parenting Sites
- Great Kids CT information on parenting, education, and health and safety. The resources available on this site are related to children from birth to eight years.
- Parenting Resources from Medline Adventures in Parenting, Nine Steps to Effective Parenting, plus family issues information including adoption, spending time with your child and social issues.
- WebMD Parenting News and guides on all things parenting from birth to teens
Health and Internet Safety
- My Plate Personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help plan and assess food choices based on dietary guidelines for moms to be, preschoolers and kids.
- BAM!! Body and Mind Where do germs hang out? How does the "Immune Platoon" protect your body from the "Flu Krew"? This CDC site for parent and kids provides fun learning on health, fitness and nutrition.
- Other CDC sites for important health, vaccine information for every age are the CDC Healthy Living and CDC Healthy Youth.
- The Scrub Club A fun interactive and educational web site that teaches children the proper way to wash their hands. The site consists of interactive games, music and activities for kids and provides educational materials for teachers and parents.
- Kidnetic Learn about food and raising healthy kids.
Please read: Our Internet Access Policy
- International Reading Association Brochures including: Getting Your Child Ready to Read , Supporting Your Beginning Reader, Writing Activities for Young Readers, What Kids Really Want to Read, Reading, Writing, and Technology, Making the Most of Reading Tests, What Is Family Literacy? Getting Involved in Your Child's Literacy Learning
- Baby Sign Language is a collection of free resources created to teach baby sign language.
- Beginning Readers Resources from the International Reading Assocation
- Reading A-Z Printable materials to teach guided reading, phonemic awareness, reading comprehension, fluency, alphabet and vocabulary.
- Starfall Learn to read online from ABC's to early readers.
- Community Answers Childcare and Parenting Services in Greenwich publication can be found at the Community Answers office in Greenwich Library and on the Community Answers website.
Special Education Resources
General Educational Links
Books and Literature
- Association for Library Service to Children's Great Web Sites for Kids.
- Frank Potter's Science
Gems. For students, parents, teachers, scientists, engineers and mathematicians. More than 14,000 Science Resources sorted by Category, Subcategory, and Grade Level.
- Quest! NASA's K-12 Internet
Initiative. Connects classrooms with people, research and science through mission based interactions and activities.
- MoJo's Musical Mouseum
-- a place where you can find the lyrics to your favorite kids' songs, send
out a request for a long lost song, or maybe help somebody else find the one
they're looking for. There's a great search engine here!!