Help with Business Resources
I need... Which database or online service should I use?
Business tables, surveys, rankings
- Factiva: On the main page, click the Companies/Markets link. On the following page, click the Company link. Under Get Company Snapshot, run a search for your company. On the results page, click the Reports link in the box on the left. You can then choose either a Detailed Company Profile report or a Detailed Company Profile Report with Financial Results.
- Reference USA
- Standard and Poor's NetAdvantage: First click on the Companies tab. Then do a company search. On the left hand side, under Vital Statistics, click on Competitors to retrieve company names and brief financial information. Competitors covered will be hyper linked.
Executives and other officers
Grantmakers and Grants
- Value Line will provide authoritative investment analysis on not only companies and their competitors, but industries as well. On the main page, under Quick Index, click on Standard Edition, and then under Look up Company typre in the company's name or ticker symbol and hit the Value Line icon. A new page will open, ant the company's investment analysis report is then available in either PDF or HTML formats.
- Business & Company Resource Center also provides investment analyses from a wealth of stock and company analysts. On the main page, select Company Search from the drop down menu and type in the company's name or ticker symbol. Gale will typically produce multiple results matching your search request. Be sure to read the results carefully before clicking on the correct company name. The next page will be the Company Profile covering your company. From there, select the Investment Reports tab. There you will find investment analysis reports from a variety of reputable sources.
- Standard and Poor's NetAdvantage provides stock reports and investment analysis by their own analysts. ON the main page, click on the Companies tab,then run a company search. On the left side of the Company Profile results page, click Stock Reports to get stock statistics and investment analysis.
News and analysis
Did you find broken or outdated links?
Let us know! Email our Webmaster.